Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tiny Furniture

This weekend I went down to midtown to watch a movie called Tiny Furniture. I love going to midtown because they have movies that are not typically in local theaters. There are some movies that are international and independent films! It's also kind of nice to watch a movie that you can leave thinking about what you just watched. They have movies that are about current events happening in the world or it displays a certain message that everyone needs to know. I find these films very inspiring.

Tiny Furniture is about a girl that graduated from college and majored in film. She came back home without a job and had just broken up with her boyfriend. She was a typical college graduate that had to figure out what was the next step in her life. Tiny Furniture was interesting because it was based on a true story and about her life. The filmed the movie herself and was in the movie as well. She used her mom, sister, and her house to film her movie and wrote the script. For her first movie it was pretty good and it has now become a hit.

My mom thought it was good for me to watch Tiny Furniture because eventually this is when I graduate, I will be going to school for the same thing. I will be learning how to make movies, write scripts, and edit films as well. She has given me more confidence about what I would like to do in the future and maybe one day I could do the same thing! Who would have ever thought her film was going to become so popular? She used her skills and knowledge that she learned in school in produced something great.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I knew this about you Amelia! That's so great. I,too, love indie movies and thought-provoking films. Maybe we should have a Film Festival this Spring in class!

    ReplyDelete